Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Youth Need & Want Direction From Us --- The Adults!

Thoughts By: B. Brown (BREG)

When our young people "act out" and/or "act up," they are usually seeking attention and love! A simple "hello" or "how are you doing?" can change a young person's day around in a heartbeat. As adults, we must give direction to our own children and all the young people that we encounter. I kind word and a smile will go a long way! Try it for a day. Smile and offer a kind word to adults and young people alike and see the response that receive!

Let's lead our young people in the right direction!!!

Jay-Z's lyrics from his song "Regrets" (Reasonable Doubt Album, 1996) hits the point of young people needing and wanting guidance .......

"You used to hold me, told me that I was the best/Anything in this world I want I could possess/All that made me want is all that I could get/In order to survive, gotta learn to live with regrets ..."

Jay-Z's insight on the lyrics above (from his book DECODED).

"This is another example of how something seemingly innocent can take a turn. My mother's love and belief in me made me think that I could have anything I wanted in this world, but without direction that ambition led me into situations I wasn't ready for and decisions that I'd have to live with for the rest of my life. Here I tried to capture in a few words that turn from an innocent kid absorbing his mother's love to a young man old before his time burdened with unspeakable regrets."

No comments:

Hip-Hop Youth, Education and Parenting!